Handgards was first in the industry to introduce the disposable poly gloves. From that, we have grown and progressed our glove line to be a comprehensive collection to provide our customers with The Right Glove, For the Right Task, at the Right Price. As our customers look to us to continually fulfill their growing needs in disposable goods, Handgards takes these requests and develops market leading products. Here are just a few examples of the ingenuity that Handgards delivers:
- Pre-Portion Weekly Bags were introduced to the industry by Handgards. We currently own the patent on this innovative product that helps food service operations save both time and money.
- High Density Food Sheets were originally developed for a pizza shop customer. Ideal for a multitude of applications, this product is a part of our amazing line of food storage products.
- Synthetic Gloves with Aloe this glove is infused with all natural Aloe Vera to help sooth and moisturize irritated and dry hands.
- Glove Gard Poly Mitt designed to provide added protection against cross contamination when multi-tasking in the kitchen.
Handgards innovation also includes the ability to offer our customers flexographic printing options to add customized, distinct branding messages to their products. With a new state-of-the art flexographic printer and an in-house marketing and graphics department, our customers brand or message can be added to film or finished product.
With over 40 years of flexographic printing experience, our capabilities are one of the best in the industry. From initial design to final print, your project will be managed and given the proper attention to insure your expectations are fully met. Quality is our top priority.
With our on-site Quality Assurance teams you can rest assured that your product has been inspected and given the proper attention to satisfy your needs. Established in 1959, Handgards is built on a solid foundation of quality, value and an uncompromising commitment to customer care and superior products. In fact, one of our core company values is Excellence in All We Do – and that shows in our people, our culture, our manufacturing processes and our products.
Our company follows strict internal guidelines for quality and embraces annual audits from outside firms. Both our manufacturing and distribution facilities have been given top audit ratings that include inspections from the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQF), Homeland Security, AIB and Siliker. We are constantly working with the entire Handgards organization to develop new programs that promote enhanced quality of our products and ensure the safety of our employees and customers.
Our commitment to Food Safety and product quality is evidenced by the programs that Handgards has implemented and improved upon. Another key factor to maintaining such a high quality supply chain, is employee training. Keeping employees well versed in Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis, Critical Control Points and Quality are just a few of the areas where our 2nd
to none employee training is focused.
With over 60 years in the industry we have the proven track record and expertise to provide solutions to your manufacturing needs. A privately-owned company employing nearly 300 people at our El Paso manufacturing plant, distribution center and corporate offices, Handgards was originally founded as Plasticsmith. In 1966 the company became Handgards under the reorganization skills and leadership of T. Hamil Reidy.
During the 1960’s Handgards marketed disposable gloves through hair care product manufacturers, department stores and mail order houses, as well as veterinary, laboratory, physicians and safety supply houses. At about the same time, Handgards introduced disposable Poly Gloves to the school food service and food processing trades. Soon after, the entire food service industry adopted the use of disposable gloves for the purpose of preventing contamination of food from the hands of workers preparing and serving foods.
Handgards saw an opportunity to diversity and expand its manufacturing processes and develop additional disposable products for school food service applications. With this opportunity the focus of our business significantly changed. Soon a wide variety of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) fast-loading sandwich bags for both hot and cold applications, food storage bags, freezer bags and poly aprons were added to the Handgards product mix.
Handgards has grown tremendously since arriving in El Paso in 1973. The 250,000 square foot facility houses dozens of state-of-the-art machines that handle the entire process of converting millions of pounds of resin each year into plastic products. As Handgards continues to expand its markets the company remains focused on value added and cost saving products. As a result, the company has become a significant importer of Latex and Poly Vinyl gloves, aprons and other polyethylene products. By making this move, the company has been able to focus on its core manufacturing strengths in El Paso and to continue to develop new and innovative products.
Made In the USA
We have the capability to manufacture your products right here in the USA. Our manufacturing facility is located in El Paso, Texas. Having our manufacturing plant in El Paso helps with quick turnaround time for products, controlled recycling and proper manufacturing techniques.
Our primary mission is to satisfy the needs of our customers by providing quality products and service of the highest level. With our modern manufacturing facility, Handgards is very well prepared to provide manufacturing solutions and provide expertise for your industrial applications for years to come.
Some of the quality products that are Made with Pride here in El Paso, are:
- Low Density Polyethylene Aprons and Bibs are available in both Neatgards and Valugards brands and are recommended for all prep and serving duties.
- Disposable Poly Gloves are loose fitting gloves that are perfect for when frequent changes are required.
- Pre-Portion Bags are made of the highest quality high density film. By utilizing pre-portioning bags operators Save Money, Save Time, Build Consistent Portions and Practice Food Safety.
- Nylon and High Density Pan Liners can save time and money for your kitchen by eliminating timely labor costs and also improve functionality of your kitchen.
- Cook Chill Bags – we are proud to offer our ALL NEW Domestically Produced Cook Chill Bags. They are an exciting addition to our Panhandlers® Product Line, which aims to help expedite kitchen operations and make the best use of the kitchen manpower on hand.
In addition to producing these products domestically here in El Paso, we can also offer our customers custom print capabilities. With a new state-of-the art flexographic printer and an in-house marketing and graphics department, our customers brand or message can be added to film or finished product.
With over 40 years of flexographic printing experience, our capabilities are one of the best in the industry. From initial design to final print, your project will be managed and given the proper attention to insure your expectations are fully met.
Quality is our top priority.