Our primary mission is to satisfy the needs of our customers by providing quality products and service of the highest level. With our modern manufacturing facility, Handgards is very well prepared to provide manufacturing solutions and provide expertise for industrial applications for years to come.
A diverse and inclusive environment, Handgards looks for people who can bring new perspectives to boost innovation and productivity. Handgards will maintain and build a culture and environment where honesty and integrity are the most valued characteristic of all. If you’re looking for a place that values loyalty, commitment and integrity, then get in touch and start your career with Handgards!
“Where there is a full understanding that realistic answers are all that are wanted and that there is no belief, deeply felt and honestly put, that won’t be considered with an open mind.”
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
|Job Title||Shift||Position Summary|
|Machine Technician||1st Shift and 2nd Shift||• Operates and repairs assigned machines mechanically and electrically to ensure proper function.
• Prepares production item set up to meet product specification.
• Monitors quality of products to assure standards are met.
• Monitors material stock to determine when materials are needed to manufacture product.
• Meets productivity standards to achieve production schedules and service customers.
• Monitors and remains accountable for overall production waste.
• Maintains production schedules.
• Monitors efficiency and identifies problem.
• Completes required reports
• Packages products to meet customer specifications.
• Responsible for housekeeping of assigned manufacturing area
|Electro-Mechanics||1st Shift, 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift||1-2 years’ experience as an Electro-mechanic preferred.
• Defines problems, collects data, draws valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
• Comprehension of temperature controls, gauges, pressure gauges, hydraulics, pneumatics, understand mechanical aspect of industrial machines
• Ability to apply measurements in standard and metric systems
• Repair or replace defective parts on machines and/or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
• Connect power units to machines and test units
• Repair and lubricate machines and equipment
• Accuracy with numbers, may be required to produce basic drawings of machine parts
• Able to read schematics and blueprints
• Operates hoist and lifting devices
• Use hand tools, measuring tools, and equipment for cutting, welding, and brazing
• Must have own tools
|Ocean Freight Logistics Coordinator||1st Shift||This position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation’s processes as they relate to inbound and outbound ocean freight including the oversight and execution of the logistics for containers to include tracking, pick up number issuance, ocean freight rates, product integrity during shipment to include but not limited to customs related activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Track and trace all shipments from origins to all final destinations, including:
• Freight forwarders/steamship line and rail
• Custom Brokers (including FDA/USDA, etc.)
• Trucking Companies
• Responsible for resolving issues including holds
• Review all bills with all inbound logistics business partners and ensure accuracy
• Track quality and quantity of products received in warehouses and 3PL’s by arranging pickups, delivery, receipt, and coordinate return of containers
• Responsible for obtaining quotes for Sea Freights and Drayage Trucking.
• Accountable for building business relationships with ocean freight carriers and forwarders
• Assist in determining the cause for inventory misalignment or shortages and help develop solutions to solve recurring issues.
• Assist in the management of international and cross-border logistics: compliance, reverse logistics, commercial invoicing, and duty drawback to ensure international shipments have the required clearances and documentation needed for successful and timely transport and delivery.
• Help drive continuous improvement in speed of fulfillment.
• Ensure KPIs are met, errors are detected, and solutions presented.
• Work cross functionally with overseas team, buyers, and warehouse teams.
|Programmer Analyst||1st Shift||TECHNICAL DUTIES
• Writes, Reviews, designs, and modifies computer software
• Provides custom reports using database and report-writing tools
• Performs Systems architecture analysis, design, development, and enhancement
• Performs process, data, and object modeling in a variety of application and database environments
• Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements, and developing software systems.
• Develop and test code from design specifications; implement and support enhancements to software applications.
• Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Skilled in analytics and debugging
• Ability to assess and determine ways to improve efficiency of various applications
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
• Can work independently during end-to-end system life cycle development of major projects.
• Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients.
• Able to arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements, prepare workflow charts and diagrams using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
• Must be adept at working on multiple tasks or projects
• Able to provide technical input to risk analysis and change control.
• 4 Yr. College degree or recognized technical diploma in Computer Science or closely related field and 5 yrs. work experience in I.T.
• Strong mathematical abilities.
• Able to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with the organizational cultural language.